This is an update of an old project. Click the link to navigate to the Richmond Yacht Club’s Wednesday night beercan starting line. It uses your phone’s GPS info and system clock.
To make this work:
- You need to browse the link below on a smart phone with a GPS. The link must be “https” or your browser will not allow access to the GPS.
- You must also turn on your phone’s GPS (iphones call this “Location Services”)
- You must also give the web page permission to access your location.
- Phone GPS units vary in quality, some are quite terrible.
- Your phone battery will die very quickly too.
- Mark locations can change.
Bonus: here’s my original starter for the Three Bridge Fiasco from 2012.